Medina County Flood Document Library
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Avoid walking or driving through flood waters.
- Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.
- If there is a chance of flash flooding, immediately move to higher ground. Flash floods are the #1 cause of weather-related deaths in the
- If floodwaters rise around your car, but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground. Do not leave the car and enter
- Avoid camping or parking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
To find out if you live in a floodplain, contact Floodplain Manager Dan Willhoite at (330) 723-9573.
Medina County Engineers
FEMA Flood Information
FEMA Information for Policyholders
National Flood Insurance Program
National Flood Insurance Program Community Rating System
National Weather Service Flood Information
Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
NFIP April 2016 Program Updated (Video)