Medina County has been certified by the National Weather Service (NWS) as StormReady
This certification was obtained after a two day inspection and testing of our Emergency Operating Center (EOC) capabilities and the EMA staff procedures by a team of NWS personnel.
We are very proud of this certification. To maintain it, however, we are required to be re-evaluated every two years.
StormReady is a voluntary program. There is no cost to apply.
Here are the things we accomplished in order to get our certification
1. Incorporate the severe weather threats our county faces into our hazard mitigation and emergency response plans
2. Establish a 24-hour Warning Point and Emergency Operations Center
3. Establish multiple ways to receive severe weather warnings and forecasts and to alert the public
4. Create a system that monitors weather conditions locally
5. Promote the importance of public readiness through community seminars, severe weather spotter training and by conducting emergency exercises
You can visit the Storm Ready website at www.stormready.noaa.gov for more information about this program.
Medina County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
555 Independence Dr
Medina, OH 44256
Phone: (330) 722-9240
Fax: (330) 764-8455