Medina County Flood Document Library
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Avoid walking or driving through flood waters.
- Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.
- If there is a chance of flash flooding, move immediately to higher ground. Flash floods are the #1 cause of weather-related deaths in the
- If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground. Do not leave the car and enter moving
- Avoid camping or parking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
To find our if you live in a floodplain, contact Floodplain Manager Dan Willhoite (330) 723-9573.
Medin County Engineers
FEMA Flood Information
National Flood Insurance Program
National Weather Service Flood Information
NFIP April 2016 Program Updated (Video)